1. Data Protection Declaration – Point of Installation (PoI)
Advertima AG and its subsidiaries (“Advertima”, “we”) are committed to responsible handling of information and to compliance with the relevant data protection provisions. Advertima is a technology company and offers corporate customers experience management software that is used like a service (“service” or “solution”).
We gather only the personal data that is necessary for:
- fulfilling the contract with the relevant customer,
- pursuing the legitimate interests of our company and/or our customer,
- complying with the applicable legislation and guidelines, and
- protecting our rights.
This data protection declaration describes how we gather and use personal data in relation to the provision of our services.
2. Contact information
Responsibility for data processing: Advertima AG, Lerchenfeldstrasse 3, 9014 St. Gallen, Switzerland. The data protection officer at Advertima AG can be contacted at: email@example.com.
3. Type and scope of the acquisition of personal data
Advertima’s solution produces and records only anonymous metadata that relate to the size and demography of a group of people using content playout devices (e.g. a digital signage screen) or visitors to a specific physical location (e.g. a store or a shopping center). Advertima does not save any clearly identifiable personal data nor does it make any image or video recordings. Our algorithms process video livestreams in real time and all raw data is processed locally in real time by an edge computer. No biometric data is recorded in the long-term memory or uploaded to a cloud storage system. For every observer/visitor identified, the solution calculates the following in real time: gender (male, female), age, posture of the head, routes taken, total time spent observing specific content, total attention span, position of the body in the space (three-dimensional).
4. Purpose of processing personal data/data recipient
As outlined above, we do not record or process personal data in connection with our core products (Advertima technology). Our solution gathers demographic metadata only. The demographic metadata is essentially used for market research, by means of which the following objectives are pursued (depending on the system configuration):
- Store analytics: Collection of analysis data regarding customer behavior in the physical world (e.g. routes taken in stores)
- Digital signage: Decision-making for rendering of content based on the attributes of a demographic group at a specific installation site and data analysis of content views
The metadata gathered, however, is only available in aggregated formats for analysis purposes. The user of the analysis solutions is the Advertima customer who operates the specific server on the installation site. The merging of metadata in the analytics solution by Advertima is an important step in guaranteeing data protection. In this way, Advertima excludes the possibility of any abuse of the solution, for example combination of the anonymous metadata with other external data sources for the identification of an individual for malicious purposes. We ensure that all the above-mentioned processes and services are provided by service providers who are commissioned in compliance with data protection legislation and who are based in the EU or Switzerland. These may be companies in the categories of IT services, consultancy, or sales and marketing, or service providers whose activity we make use of within the context of order processing relationships.
5. Legal basis for processing
Likewise, the anonymous metadata is processed as described above in order to protect the justified interests of Advertima and/or our customers (article 6, para. 1, point f) of the GDPR). Legitimate interests are:
- improvement of products and services for monitoring and improving the provision of the commercial offering,
- comprehension of the people reacting to certain content in order to improve cost-efficiency of marketing expenditure,
- improving understanding of the general flow of people at a physical location in order to improve store design.
6. Storage duration
Once the data is no longer required for fulfillment of contractual or statutory obligations, it is regularly deleted. As a general rule, we retain the data for a period of five years. As described in section 3, at no point are image or video recordings saved. Storage duration relates exclusively to the anonymized metadata described in section 3 (age, gender, etc.), which is used exclusively for the purposes stated in section 4.
7. Your rights
In general, the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right of access (article 15)
- The right to rectification (article 16)
- The right to erasure (article 17)
- The right to restriction of processing (article 18)
- The right to data portability (article 20)
- The right to object (article 21)
Since our solution does not record any personal data, however, but rather just anonymous demographic metadata, we are also not able to rectify or erase personal data from the body of data we hold. Furthermore, we are also unable link up the metadata retrospectively with your personal data. You can request further information by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to consult a relevant data supervisory authority (article 77 of the GDPR).